Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

A Great Recipe


I wanted to share a favorite simple dinner recipe. Everyone in my family loves this. I found it several years ago in Taste of Home or Quick Cooking, can't remember which. I made this the other night and substituted pre-cooked chicken tenders for the boneless, skinless chicken breasts because that was what I had on hand. I also used real bacon pieces, instead of frying up the greasy stuff.

Try this. I hope you like it as much as we do.

BLT CHICKEN SALAD

  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 8 cups torn salad greens
  • 2 large tomatoes, chopped
  • 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (left over rotisserie chicken is great)
  • 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (or cheat and buy the prepackaged stuff like I do)
  • 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced

In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Place salad greens on a large serving platter. Sprinkle with the tomatoes, chicken and bacon; garnish with eggs. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 8 servings






STOP! Don't take a bite yet, Lacy! I need to
photograph your plate first. Thanks!


Here is a sneak peek of the new living room color. It is nice to have a "professional" painter in the house. Brad thought he was getting paid for this....ha!




No comments: