Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Slacker Saturday Saved


After sleeping till half-past late, and blog surfing until quarter-past ridiculous, and staying in my pajamas until embarrassing o'clock, I had about chalked this day up as a total waste.

Feeling a twinge of guilt, I resolved to accomplish something on this slothful Saturday. Tom has been gently hinting that our master bedroom closet could use a little, um, spiffing up. You see, with no sewing room, I store all my fabric, notions, and quilting supplies in our closet on a couple of shelving units. And that is fine until inspiration hits. Problem is, I don't find inspiration in neat stacks of fabric and tidy bins of trim. No, I have to spread them out all over and get my hands in them. I have to feel those fabrics, drink in the delicious colors, test drive different combinations. Then, when my choices spur me to action, I go straight to the sewing machine. I don't pass go. I don't collect $200. And I certainly don't pick up the fabric heaped in piles on the closet floor.


So after a couple days of stepping gingerly over my latest mess to get to his togs, Tom will good-naturedly suggest that I tidy up a bit. He even offers to help.


Such a sweet, understanding guy!


That task accomplished, my pump was primed, so to speak. Off to the kitchen I trotted for a little experiment. The other day I found this recipe for snickerdoodles that just called for a cake mix, oil, and two eggs, plus a little cinnamon-sugar for rolling. Not believing it would be possible to create "the snickerdoodle experience" with three measly ingredients, I just had to give it a try. Being that it is a rainy afternoon and all. And we have a little guest over. And kids love cookies. And I'm a cool mom, that way. Certainly not because I wanted any myself.

These got 12 thumbs up....that was all the thumbs in the house when I served them.



We'll call these:

Slacker Snickerdoodles
  • 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 package yellow cake mix without pudding
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup oil

Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray cookie sheet .

Mix cinnamon and sugar in small bowl and set aside.

Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl until well mixed. Roll dough into 1-inch balls; roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.

Place balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.

Bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or till set. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute then cool on a rack.

Don't even think about touching my stack!

I mean, help yourself!

Love,
Laura Lee

No comments: