Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Wash Day


I'm a laundry-day kinda girl. A lot of people I know do laundry everyday. Not me. I'd rather get it done in one fell swoop and not see it again for a while! I'm so thankful for the modern day conveniences that I enjoy as a homemaker. Both my mother and grandmothers did laundry with wringer washers! My mother acquired an electric washer early in her marriage. But at one time, while we were stationed in England in the early 60's, she was diapering two children in cloth diapers and washing them in a wringer washer, after first boiling them on the stove. Can you imagine? I heard that story enough times to make me appreciate the luxury of an electric washer and dryer.


The perfect wife and mother of Proverbs 31 had "household servants." It is so easy to scoff at that and think, " Of course I could be the perfect wife and mother if I had household servants!" Well, the way I see it, I DO have household servants. I have a stove, microwave, washer, dryer, vacuum, and water heater, just to name a few things she didn't have. These appliances are my modern day servants and on any given day many of them are slaving away for me.

So, when I'm tempted to grumble about housework, I try to remember the motto I'm always telling my kids about schoolwork:


It doesn't have to be fun;
It just has to be done.


I think that is why I hung these little signs in my laundry room. They say:


Have a wonderful week.

Love,
Laura Lee

No comments: