Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Mum's the Word


I'm trying to be happy that fall is coming. Attempting to convince myself it's a good thing. Unconvinced, but trying.

I should like fall. I really should. After all, my birthday is in October. I like a lot of things about fall--the scent of wood fires burning, crisp leaves, and apples, apples, everywhere. It's just that I hate to say goodbye to summer, my favorite season. And I know that when fall leaves, winter comes, my least favorite season--winter.

Long. dark. cold. winter.

So this year I'm trying to embrace fall. Trying to be happy about the dryer, cooler days. Not thinking about winter yet. Not yet.

To that end, I purchased a pretty basket full of mums today, cheery yellow mums, and placed them smack dab in the middle of the kitchen table.

Fall is still a couple weeks away. But I'll be ready.

Fall.My.New.Friend.

No comments: