Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

We Interrupt Our Regularly Scheduled Broadcast...



...to bring you this Emergency Quilting Announcement.

While I was pondering a wedding gift for my nephew James and his bride-elect, Kathryn, who will be married on October 27th, it occurred to me that I had just enough time to eke out a simple quilt for them in the next 2.5 weeks. I mean, what newlyweds wouldn't love to snuggle on the couch with an original Laura Lee quilt? Well, duh! That's a no-brainer.

Unlike normal people who like to plan ahead and be finished with a project well ahead of a target date, I, on the other hand, actually do my best work under pressure. I get energy from the adrenaline rush of knowing I have a deadline breathing down my neck.

So, the Christmas quilt project is on hold for the moment. Sorry, Ellen. I'll pick it back up after I finish this gift for the love birds.


Since I doubt my nephew even knows I have a blog, let alone actually looks at it, I feel safe enough posting a few photos of what I'm doing. This heap of scraps is actually going to become something beautiful, a Log Cabin quilt.


Here are the four blocks I finished yesterday, and the four I have under construction.




This pattern is so easy because all you do is cut the center squares and then you strip! That's right. Your blog author has a secret pastime. I've been stripping for years. Strip quilting, that is. I rotary cut strips of fabric the same width and just go round and round the center square, trimming as I go, creating a log cabin block. No tedious measuring and piecing for this one.


I'll keep you posted on my progress. It really shouldn't take me long. In the mean time, I'm sure you'll be riveted to your computers...


Now back to our regularly scheduled programming......