Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Ice Cream Sandwich Torte


You knew I couldn't stay away from the topic of food for long!

I wanted to share the recipe for this delicious ice cream sandwich torte. I tasted this at a birthday party a couple years ago, begged the recipe, and promptly made it for the first "occasion" that came along. Since then, every birthday person in the family has requested this. It's that good.

And simple. It doesn't get much simpler than this. I'm all about good and simple.

Lacy had some friends over last night to celebrate her birthday since she didn't have a party last week. I tell ya', we can sure milk a birthday for all it's worth around here. She asked me to pleeaassee make this ice-cream torte. Of course, I thought you might like to try it, too.

I bet you can think of a special occasion to celebrate! If not, try it anyway. Your taste buds will thank you.

The key ingredients

Take out your aggressions on 10 Oreos.

Mix up the yummy filling.

Line up 6 sandwiches on a serving platter.

Pile high with filling.

Top with remaining sandwiches.

Frost with remaining Cool Whip and generously sprinkle with nonpareils.

Find something to celebrate!

Ice Cream Sandwich Torte

  • 10 crushed Oreo cookies
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 package (3.9 oz.) chocolate instant pudding
  • 12 oz. whipped topping, divided
  • 12 frozen ice cream sandwiches
  • sprinkles
In a bowl, combine milk and pudding mix. Fold in crushed cookies and half the whipped topping. Arrange six ice cream sandwiches side by side on platter. Spread filling over sandwiches. Top with remaining sandwiches. Spread remaining whipped topping over top and sides of torte. Sprinkle with nonpareils. Freeze at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Serves 12 or more.

1 comment:

Screaming Meme said...

I love that! It looks so professional~! I can't believe the ingredients! Hello, Laura! It's Meme from Screaming Meme! It's nice to meet you! Bella is a chihauhau! She does look like a grey hound to me, too! She's so adorable and has stoled our hearts! I look forward to keeping in touch! Have an awesome day!!!:)