Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Sloppy Joe!

First an update:

Tricia and Gwyneth are hanging in there. Check Nathan's blog for the most current updates. Please continue to pray for Tricia's full recovery. She is still not fully conscious. Pray for little Gwyneth to grow stronger every day. Thanks!

I think January is a great month for comfort food, don't you? Here's another family favorite. I grew up eating these sloppy joes after my sister was served this recipe at a sleep-over. Now my family asks for these regularly. The sauce is so tangy and scrumptious!

Below is the original recipe. I guess it goes without saying that I double this. My family would be sorely disappointed if there wasn't a little left for lunch the next day. It's quick, delicious, and very kid and husband pleasing.

Brown the ground beef and onion.

Dump in all the sauce ingredients and simmer.

Pile the resulting deliciousness on a bun.
Forget being neat while you consume this.

A little birdie tells me you're going to love it!

Sloppy Joes

  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 2 tablespoons vinegar
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup mustard
  • 2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
  • salt to taste
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 onion chopped
Brown beef and onions in skillet. Drain excess fat. Add other ingredients and simmer 20 minutes or so, to let the flavors mingle.

Love,
Laura Lee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember when we served the Sloppy Joes to the visiting & Yokota Cheerleaders in Japan? They LOVED them!
Grandmama

Laura Lee said...

I had forgotten that! Not surprised they loved them. One of Brad's friends ate two of them the other day for lunch. Yes, he helps himself to what's in the fridge. He said they were excellent.