Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Where the Talk Meets the Walk



About a week ago, I became aware of a young couple named Tricia and Nathan. Tricia has Cystic Fibrosis and her health has deteriorated steadily over the past months. She was in the preliminary stages of preparation for a double lung transplant when they discovered that they were expecting a baby.

With CF, carrying a pregnancy at all is very risky. With Tricia's strained lung function, it would be worse. Despite putting her own life in great danger, they made the decision to carry the baby as long as she possibly could. I really wonder if I, faced with the same decision, could have had the courage to do what she did. I consider myself staunchly pro-life, yet I am in awe of her faith. When it came down to it, she was willing to lay down her own life for her child.

A few days ago, while at Duke University Hospital under 24 hour care, Tricia's health took a sharp turn and she needed to be put on a ventilator. They were hoping to buy the baby a few more days, but instead, she needed an emergency C-section yesterday. Baby Gwyneth Rose entered the world weighing only 1 lb 6 oz. At just 24 weeks, she is at the extreme end of being able to survive outside the womb.

Tricia is gravely ill, struggling for her very life. She is still unaware that her baby was delivered. Gwyneth is stable and doing well considering her size. Nathan has two very sick girls now.

Nathan has asked that we post their story. Would you please pray for them?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with Tricia, Gweneth and Nathan. Grandmama

Hon's Daddy said...

We will be praying for this family.
I agree with you that this couple is a model of faith for us all.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
We saw you post on Nathan's blog and your kind words. We're friends of theirs and all I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you from one sister in Christ to another.
To God be the glory!
Andrea Anderson

Anonymous said...

God will do great things because of the faith they have in our Lord. Just sit back and watch what God has done and will continue to do.