Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Two More Favorites

Well, three if you count Bella!

As promised, I wanted to show you a couple more quilts. These two still need to be quilted. Piecing the tops is my favorite part. Actually completing the quilting is another story.


The quilt above was started by my grandmother. She constructed these flower blocks from feedsacks, many years ago. My mother had this stack of blocks and gave them to me, hoping I'd complete the quilt. I did get them set into rows and the top completed. I started the quilting by hand before I had a clue what I was doing. That was probably ten years ago. To date, this quilt is still in the "needs to be finished" column. Maybe 2008 will be the year I actually do it.


Below is a quilt I started a few years ago. Again, only the top on this one is completed. It now needs to be basted and quilted. I want to quilt this one by hand, but I've put it off because it is so time consuming.

I love the scrappy feel of this this quilt and the applique border. My favorite quilts are usually a combination of piecing and applique.


There are more, lots more. I'll bring out a few others next week.

It looks to be a beautiful weekend here in South Carolina. I hope it also does where you are.

Love,
Laura Lee

2 comments:

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Love your quilts. Oh what patience you must have :-) The applique border is so lovely....that is my favorite! ((hugs))

Laura Lee said...

Thank you, Rosie!