Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Where Quilts Multiply Like Rabbits (or confessions of an A.D.D. quilter)


It all started innocently enough. I was cleaning out the sewing closet the other day when I spotted this stack of five blocks that I had completely forgotten were there. I appliqued these flowers at least five or six years ago. I'm sure I had a great vision for them....I just don't remember what it was.


So I played around with them a bit and decided it might be fun to actually do something with them. I was thinking I'd piece some blocks to set between them, fun blocks with lots of color. I made three or four said blocks and laid them out with the appliqued flowers.

Nope. Didn't speak to me at all. Back to the drawing board.

Deciding the flowers would make a lovely table topper for the kitchen, I dug through my stash and found a pretty blue to use for sashing.

"Yes! That looks good. And I have the perfect flowery print for a border." Joy and rapture.

I only needed four blocks to do the topper. That left me with one sweet little orphan block.

Hmmmm....

"I'll make a pillow with the extra block!"

OK, so now I have this pile of pieced star blocks I had started:


I'm definitely going to do something with these right now, before I'm tempted to stack and forget them. I'm thinking a big, showy central applique block surrounded by these floral star blocks may just be the ticket.


I'm really liking how it's coming together.


And that is where I am now.

One pillow completed.

One table topper pieced and ready to quilt by machine.

And one quilt-in-the-works.

All that from one unassuming stack of forgotten blocks.

Have fun playing and being creative this weekend!

Love,
Laura Lee

No comments: