Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

A Girl, A Dog, and a Cookie


I just know my faithful blog readers are starved for yummy recipes, so I'm doing back-to-back food posts. Your taste buds will thank me, I'm sure.

You know you're dying for some more decadent cookie recipes. So Maggie and I decided to oblige today and whip up a batch of these delicious treats. This is a variation on an old favorite--the ubiquitous chocolate chip cookie. However, these are even better because they have oatmeal in them. So they are more substantial and are really chewy and good.

Back in 1987, a friend brought these to a cookie swap I attended. She called them "Dad's Favorite Oatmeal Cookies." We think you're gonna love them.


Time out to lick the beaters!


"Come on, Bella. Let's go play while we wait....."





"Why does it have to take sooooo long??"


"Yay!! They're ready, Bella!!!!!"


"Oh, good dog! Here's a bite for you!"



Dad's Favorite Oatmeal Cookies

  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well. Stir oatmeal into creamed mixture. Sift flour, soda, and salt together. Add to mixture, stirring well. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 dozen cookies.

Enjoy a beautiful week! 

Love,
Laura Lee

No comments: