Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Homemade Graham Crackers




Do you like to bake your own healthy snacks?  I do.  I want to share this recipe for homemade graham crackers with you because we love them, especially dunked in milk!  They are sweetened with honey and a dab of molasses.  I can't even remember where I found this recipe, but I'm sure glad I did.  It calls for whole wheat flour, so I ground some up just for these.

It's a simple dump and stir recipe.  Just mix the wet ingredients well and then stir in the dry ingredients.




It should form a nice ball that holds together well but isn't too sticky.



 Pile it onto a jelly roll pan and roll it all the way to the edges.



Score it into squares by cutting part of the way through the dough.  Then prick it with a fork to keep it from bubbling up in the oven.



 Serve them up with your favorite bears!




I'm taking a road trip this weekend, and you can bet I'll have a bag of these sitting beside me while I drive! 



Graham Crackers

  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 2 tablespoons molasses
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 1/2- 3 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4- 1/2 cup milk
Mix wet ingredients.  Sift together dry ingredients.  Mix together well.  Divide dough in half.  Roll thin onto 2 cookie sheets.  Score into squares.  Prick with fork.  Bake at 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes. 


Have yourself a beautiful weekend!

Love,


No comments: