Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

She Said "Yes!"

IMG_0024


Tonight, a couple thousand miles from home, our son Bradley and his girlfriend Hannah became engaged on the beach in Cancun, Mexico!

Brad had put the plan in place a few weeks ago, and all of us were in on the surprise proposal except, obviously, Hannah.  He planned the timing to coincide with the sunset on the beach.  Mostly cloudy all day, the weather looked hopelessly uncooperative for a gorgeous sky, and I worried that it might even rain tonight.  Brad, however, never lost faith.  The sky began to clear a little bit around five o'clock.   And by 7PM, making quite a dapper twosome, they went back out to walk on the beach before dinner.

Just as they were leaving, the sky came alive with vibrant color!   Love was in the air, the question was popped, and she said "Yes!" Those of us who have watched this love story unfold never had any doubt as to what her response would be! 

Hannah was led to believe that this evening was about Abby and Jonathan's first anniversary.  And it was.  Sort of.  Mostly though, it was a great set-up to get her all dressed up with some place to go and have her completely oblivious to the REAL surprise, a beautiful diamond ring!

IMG_0016

The Bling-Bling

Brad, before you were born, I prayed "Hannah's Prayer" over you.   1 Samuel 1: 27-28 says, "I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.  So now I give him to the Lord.  For his whole life, he will be given over to the Lord."  We dedicated you to the Lord, trusting Him to lead you, and, in His perfect time, bring you the perfect girl.  How fitting that God brought Hannah into your life! She is a dream come true and an answer to our prayers for you!  We love you both so very much.

IMG_0020

Congratulations to the happy couple!  And, Hannah, welcome to the nut house!



Love,


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm crying right now. Love the part about the "prayer of Hannah." They look beautiful and Wow, what a beautiful sunset!!!!! I'm so happy for all of you!!!!

Shanda

The Aiken ite said...

That's great, Laura. Of course, you;ve already read about my Hannah prayer as well so I double love this. :.)