Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Taggy Cube (or who needs Baby Einstein?)


The other day I said I'd show you the toy I made for Kyle.  So, here it is-- a little taggy cube, made from inspiration I found at this site.  Camille's blog is a treat for the eyes and is full of quilty motivation.  She chose to quilt her squares before she sewed them together to form the cube.  I didn't.  I just used six 5" squares from one of my favorite fabric lines--Pampered Pooch by Moda--stitched together as is.  


The whole idea is that babies love tags, thus the tags of various textures sewn into every seam.   For Kyle's I used satin ribbon, ric rac, grosgrain ribbon, elastic, velcro, and velvet ribbon.   And true to form, Kyle took to it like a duck to water.  Have I told you he's a fast learner?

I had so much fun making this that I grabbed up another set of squares, cut some more ribbons and ric rac, and started another one.   Is there a baby in your life who might enjoy a cute little taggy cube made from my favorite vintage children's prints?  If so, leave a comment and I'll enter you in a drawing to win the second one.  

Love,

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea! Was it original or had you seen something like this before? Love, G~Mama

Anonymous said...

This is such a cool idea! Babies do love tags, and this gives him every texture for those sweet little gums.

Love ya!
Susan B.

Anonymous said...

Laura,
This is great! I'd like you to enter me in this for my niece, Hannah. She was born about 5 weeks after Kyle and they will be here for Thanksgiving. I know she'd love it too!!
Jane Stephens

Dday944 said...

Laura, I think Hallie needs this. :-) Please enter me!
Diane

Living in China said...

Cute, cute, cute. Please enter me for one of my new grand babies!

Janet said...

This is really cute. Enter me, I have am good friend havin a baby soon that would probably enjoy it.

Leigh Anne said...

Is the cube for a boy or is it gender-neutral? I'd love to enter my name but we aren't finding out what we're having until baby is born! If it'll be appropriate for a boy or girl, put my name in the hat, please!! =)

Abby St Clair said...

Those fat feet! Those chubby arms! That sweet face! Miss my little baby..... When did he become a little boy??!!

Fla said...

Muy bello! Soy de Argentina y recién estoy conociendo este taggy cube. I love it!

Fla said...

Muy bello! Soy de Argentina y recién estoy conociendo este taggy cube. I love it!