Pages

What joy the gospel gives me. I can approach the throne of God with confidence, not because I've done a good job at my spiritual duties, but because I'm clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. ~ C.J. Mahaney

Wisdom Gathered Wallhanging


Last fall, I was looking for a quilt to make my lovely mother-in-law, who we call "Oma", for Christmas.  Once I saw this wall hanging in this quilting book, a challenging combination of piecing and hand appliqué, I knew I had found just what I was looking for.  

I could tell the center block would be simple to piece with its easy squares and triangles.  The outer four triangles of applique were going to take more time with all their delicate details.  I started it in October, worked on it all week at The Glass Lodge, and finally finished hand quilting it...a few days after Christmas.  Maybe if I hadn't attempted two give-aways in the midst of this, I could have had it ready on time.  Thankfully, I have a wonderfully understanding mother-in-law.  I hope she thinks it was worth the wait.




I learned a lot about appliqué working with these tiny pieces.  I now know some new helpful tricks and techniques in addition to some problems to avoid.  I'm thinking I may attempt to make another one, for myself.  Maybe.  Perhaps.  One Day.  But not soon.

Oma, I love you.  You are a wise and beautiful woman who has taught me so much.  I still have a lot to learn.  Thank you for everything.  

She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
Proverbs 31:26 



Love,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful quilt! She is going to love it....ellen